03-17-2015, 04:54 PM
Home Admission Online: 10.00 at February 6, 2015
Number one. application offline (email): February 6, 2015
Last date of issue of application forms offline (email): 9 March 2015
Closing the application process online: up to 17h on March 20, 2015
Last date of submission of the application offline
Way to reach JNU: March 25, 2015
Date and time of entrance exams: May 19, 2015
Admission M.Sc. (Biotechnology), M.Sc. (Agri) / MV Sc (biotechnology) & M. Tech (Biotechnology) program: 2015-2016
On behalf of the participating universities, Jawaharlal Nehru University held biotechnology combined entrance exam (2015 CEEB) 19 May 2015 Admission (1) M.Sc. (Biotechnology); (2) M. Sc Agri / MV Sc (biotechnology) and (3) programs M. Tech (Biotechnology) being offered by several universities participants (according to data provided against each).
The entrance exam will be held in Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, make alliance against Delhi, Dimapur, Gangtok, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Gwalior Hyderabad, Vulpellac, Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Katihar, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Noida, Pantnagar, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Silchar , Siliguri, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Varanasi, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam. (The University reserves the right to modify any center (s) for review without assigning any reason).
1. M.Sc. (Biotechnology) program:
Eligibility: Candidates with less than grade 10 + 2 + 3 pattern of physical education, biological, agricultural, fishing & Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering / Technology, 4-year BS (Physician assistant course); Or mark Medicine (MBBS) or BDS with at least 55%.
Only those candidates who have passed qualifying examination in 2013 or later, including those who are appearing in 2015 are eligible to apply.
Program M.Sc. (Biotechnology) being offered by:
1. University of Allahabad, Allahabad
2. Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (Marine Biotechnology engineer)
Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University 3, Rajouri (M.Sc. Biotechnology Bioresources)
4. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
5. University of Burdwan, Burdwan
6. University of Calicut, Kerala
7. Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore
8. Goa University, Goa (Marine Biotechnology engineer)
9. Gulbarga University, Gulbarga
10. Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar
11. Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
12. Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
13. HNB Garhwal University, Garhwal
14. University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
15. University of Jammu, Jammu
16. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
17 .: Kumaun University, Nainital
18. University of Lucknow, Lucknow
19. Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
20. Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak (M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology)
21. M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara
22. University of Mysore, Mysore
23. University of North Bengal, Siliguri
24. North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
25. Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
26. Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
27. R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur
28. Sardar Patel University, Anand (Engineer Industrial Biotechnology)
29. Shivaji University, Kolhapur (engineer in environmental biotechnology)
30. Tezpur University, Tezpur (engineer Molecular Biology & Biotechnology)
31. T.M. Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur
32. Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
33. Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan
2. M.Sc. (Agri) / MV Sc Biotechnology program:
Eligibility: Candidates with less grade 3/4/5 + 10 + 2 pattern of education with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point average of any recognized University in the subjects concerned with transcribing each participating university are eligible to request:
(1) M.SC. (Agri.) Biotechnology program offered participants the following universities:
1. Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
2. Bidhan Chandra Krish Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal
3. ch. Sarwan Kumar HPKrishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur;
4. G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar;
5. Indira Gandhi Krish Viswavidyalaya, Raipur;
6. Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur;
7. Vasantrao Naik Krish Vidyapeeth Marathwada, Osona (Maharashtra);
8. Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar;
9. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore;
10. University of Agricultural Sciences, GKVK, Bangalore; and
11 University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad.
12. Rajendra Agricultural University, Samastipur
(2) M.V.Sc. Programme is being offered at
1. Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar;
2. G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar;
3. Nanaji Deshmukh Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur,
4. Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana.
5. Maharashtra Animal & Fishery Sciences University, Nagpur
6. Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati
7. Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of Kashmir, Srinagar
3. M. Tech (Biotechnology) Programme at
(1) Anna University, Chennai;
(2) Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala;
(3) West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata
Eligibility: Minimum 50% marks or equivalent grade in any one: B.Tech/B.E. in Chemical Engineering/Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Technology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, B. Pharma, Chemical Technology, OR M.Sc. in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Biophysics, Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics. (Also B.Tech/B.E in Electrochemistry, Bioengineering and M.Sc. in Chemistry & Physics in case of Anna University; M.Sc in Marine Biotechnology, Marine Biology/Aquatic Biology & Fisheries, Environmental Biotechnology in case of Cochin University of Science and Technology and M.Sc. in Bioengineering in case of West Bengal University of Technology)
a) 15%, 7½% and 3% of seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST) and Physically Challenged (Handicapped) (PH) candidates (with not less than 40% disability) respectively. All the SC/ST and PH candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying examination. Only those SC/ST/PH candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in 2012 or thereafter including those who are appearing in 2014 are eligible to apply. In other words, those who have passed the qualifying examination PRIOR to 2012 are NOT eligible to apply. OBC reservation, wherever applicable, will be implemented as per the policy of each participating University.
b) Concession for Kashmiri Migrants: 10% marks will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri migrant candidate in the Entrance Examination. After adding 10% marks, in case he/she is covered in the cut-off point in the merit list, he/she will be offered admission strictly in accordance with his/her inter-se merit along with other candidates subject to his/her meeting the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements and also subject to his/her producing valid registration documents issued by the notified authorities certifying the candidate’s Kashmiri Migrant status.
Tuition Fee/ Scholarship:
Fee shall be charged from the admitted candidates as per the fee structure of the concerned University. Candidates selected for admission to those of the participating Universities, which are supported by the Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India), are generally eligible for scholarship at the rates prescribed by the Dept. of Biotechnology.
Candidates may please note that the M.Sc. Biotechnology programme being offered at Punjabi University, Patiala and Thapar University, Patiala, is currently not being financially supported by the Department of Biotechnology. Therefore, the award of scholarships, if any, shall be governed by the rules prevailing in these Universities. Students admitted to Gulbarga University will not get any scholarship.
The question paper for the Entrance Examination will be of three hours duration and divided into two parts:
Part-A will have multiple choice type questions at the level of 10+2 in the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. The Candidates will be required to attempt 60 questions: Total marks for Part A will be (60 questions x 1 mark each) of 60 marks. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, ½ (half) mark will be deducted.
Part-B will also have multiple-choice questions of Bachelor’s level requiring thinking and analysis. There will be questions from Physics, Mathematics, Biology (e.g., Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics and Molecular Biology) and Chemistry. The candidates will be required to attempt 60 questions. Total marks for Part B will be 60 questions x3 marks each = 180 marks. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
How to apply
Examination Fee: Students should enclosed a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “JAWAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY” payable at New Delhi for the amount indicated below towards the entrance examination fee.
General Category Candidates including OBC Candidates Rs. 600/-
SC/ST/PH Category Candidates Rs. 300/-
(PH includes OH, VH and HH)
Foreign Nationals US$ 25.00 or Rs.1550/
Application Forms can be submitted only by Registered Post/Speed Post to Section Officer (Admissions), Room No.28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi - 110067. The Application Forms must reach JNU only by Registered Post/Speed Post on or before March 28, 2014. JNU will not accept responsibility for any postal delay or irregularity or loss in postal transit
For the reference of intending candidates, a set of question papers pertaining to the last three years are available on JNU website http://www.jnu.ac.in
(i) There are different sets of Application Forms and Prospectus for each programme and, therefore, candidates are advised to apply separately in case they wish to apply for more than one programme i.e. (1) For M.Sc. Biotechnology OR (2) For M.Sc.(Agri.)/M.V.Sc. Biotechnology OR (3) For M.Tech. Biotechnology Programme.
(ii) Completed Application Forms can be submitted personally in Administrative Block of Jawaharlal Nehru University or should be sent by Registered Post/Speed Post only to the Deputy.
Please do not send your request through private courier services.
The selection will depend strictly on the basis of inter-se merit of the candidate in the Entrance Examination visa-vis preferences for joining the Universities indicated by the candidate. In case a candidate has not indicated his/her choice for joining a particular University, his/her name will not be considered for that University.